On the Campaign Trail (and On the Job!)

I've been so busy campaigning and doing legislative work that my blog updates have suffered; my apologies, dear readers.

Here's what I've been up to:

I traveled to Helena to meet with staff at the Department of Environmental Quality about oil and gas leases on state lands; I also met with staff at the Department of Revenue to ask how the reappraisal of three types of property (agricultural, residential, and forest) is going as part of the regular six-year review and adjustment.

I met with Japanese visitors this past Tuesday, October 14, to describe Bozeman and Gallatin County's volunteer civic boards and commissions and their advisory role in local government. I'm honored to serve on three city boards currently: President of the Bozeman Planning Board, Chairperson of the Zoning Commission, and Chair of the Board of Adjustment. I know first-hand how our society works when everyone contributes, and Bozeman is far better than some in the amount of service people give, and the expertise they offer. It's an honor to serve both at my city and county level, and as a state representative!


Last weekend, Saturday was snowy and blowy and cold, so it must be...MSU Homecoming! Yay! Go, 'Cats! The JP campaign-mobile, captained by Barb, worked its way down the parade route, and we were the hit of the parade! I had mini-footballs for paradegoers, and Mike Phillips, my fellow representative, and Kathy, most excellent campaign gal, helped dispense the footballs to MSU appreciative football fans!

This morning, Thursday, Oct 16, was the Chamber of Commerce's forum for candidates, and I was proud to report that I voted to eliminate the business equipment tax, to expand Insure Montana (a program for businesses to pool together to buy health insurance for their employees), and I carried a bill for technology TIF districts (tax increment financing districts, where tax revenue is directly returned to the business district in infrastructure and other improvements that directly help the businesses there).

This evening is the League of Women Voters candidate forum, 7 pm at the county courthouse. Come one, come all, and be educated voters!

Oh, and how about this BILLBOARD!!! The Montana Education Association-Montana Federation of Teachers has endorsed my candidacy, and they've posted this lovely billboard along the Frontage Road! NICE! Thanks, MEA-MFT! I'm a proud product of Montana public schools, and fully support continuing in our Montana tradition of excellence in education. I'm honored and humbled to have an election season billboard!

The campaign is going strong! Help me finish strong! If you can help in these last remaining days before the election, please email me (pomnicho@montanadsl.net). I'm grateful for all your help, and I'd truly be honored to continue my service as a state representative.

Rock on, everybody! Nineteen days and counting!

Popular Posts