PRESS RELEASE JP Pomnichowski files for third term in Montana Legislature












BOZEMAN – Rep. Jennifer Pomnichowski of Bozeman today announced her filing for a third consecutive term in the Montana Legislature serving House District 63 as a Democrat.

“I like being in public service for Montanans,” said Pomnichowski, 43. “Making sure that adequate public services are provided at reasonable cost is very rewarding work and the citizens of my district are great at giving me their ideas and opinions. That’s why I attend so many civic meetings and club gatherings. I’d far rather have input upfront instead of reactions after the fact to top-down government. No one has all the answers, so all the facts and opinions I’m provided by the people in District 63 every week are invaluable in developing progressive legislation.”

Pomnichowski strongly supported the $28 million measure to renovate Gaines Hall at Montana State University, $1.6 million for removing hazardous material at the site of the Bozeman Public Library and a $40 million firefighting fund to protect all state residents. She also supported state disaster help in the wake of last year’s explosion and fire downtown.

“I have supported lowering business, income and property taxes during my years in the legislature, and voters can expect more of the same if they re-elect me,” Pomnichowski said.

“They also can expect me to keep supporting adequate funding for public schools, because I firmly believe that free public education is the cornerstone of our democracy. I was among those who voted to freeze college tuition for the first time in 20 years. Veterans and senior citizens have my thanks and support, and I’ll keep voting for their interests. I voted to guarantee solvency of the retirement fund for teachers and other public employees, and I always have supported job-creation measures.

“I will continue working to keep Montana a great place to live and work. Our clean air and water, vibrant cities and western lifestyle must continue on.

“The state legislature passes a balanced budget every session. It’s required in the state constitution. People on both sides of the aisle have different ideas on how to reach that equilibrium, but it gets done. I always have supported a substantial reserve fund, too, because it’s difficult to forecast income 24 months into the future, and that’s why Montana is one of only two states at the moment that aren’t in the red because of the national economic recession.”

Pomnichowski is a fifth-generation Montana native who has lived in Bozeman for 25 years. She is a longtime member of the Bozeman Planning Board and Zoning Commission, chair of the Bozeman Board of Adjustment, past president of the Southeast Neighborhood Association and a former EMT-firefighter on the Bridger Canyon Volunteer Fire Department.

An MSU graduate, she is a self-employed computer programmer and award-winning technical writer. A committed Bobcat sports fan, she has been a member of the football pressbox gameday statistics crew for more than 20 years.

Pomnichowski and her husband make their home in District 63 in southwest Bozeman.

Popular Posts