Vote for JP! Here's why.

  Mail ballots begin arriving in voters' mailboxes today.
  I've been out talking to voters since March, visiting with people at meetings and events all over the Gallatin Valley, trying my level best to answer questions and establish  good public policy as an elected official.
  Now, I hope to continue the work!

  Please vote JP Pomnichowski for Montana State Senate.

  I'm finishing my third term in Montana's House of Representatives, and I'm proud of the work I've accomplished in these six years. Every bill I've passed has been with bipartisan support. For me, it's always about the policy, not the politics. Whatever the problem we're trying to solve, I've worked with Republicans and Democrats alike to fashion solutions.

  As a snapshot, here's some of the policy work I've passed into state law:


-  The creation of a Cancer Drug Donation Program, to make cancer drugs available to patients who need but cannot afford them, first implemented at our own Bozeman Cancer Center.

-  Laws for the protection of personal information in state computers, and the protection of personal information on hunting and fishing licenses.

-   Policy encouraging the creation of high-tech businesses in Montana through the commercialization of research by offering state matching grants for winners of federal Small Business Innovative Research and Small Technology Transfer Research grants.

-  A law  to protect downtown Bozeman property values after the 2009 natural gas explosion and fire (House Bill 653, Revise base taxable value of TIF for local disaster, applies for any TIF district that's suffered a disaster.) 

-   New guidelines to grant licenses to disabled hunters, and to allow health care professionals (Advanced Practice Registered Nurses and Physician's Assistants) to endorse disabled hunter permit medical certifications, important because in many small Montana communities, no M.D. is available. Health care is delivered by APRNs and PAs.

-  Important new water policy to preserve and protect water quality and water quantity, especially where population growth is dense: in closed basins, where the amount of water available is exceeded by the allowable uses permitted.
  

-  to protect citizens against identity theft  

-  for freedom of speech 

  As well as my work on individual pieces of legislation, I’ve served as Vice Chair of the House Taxation committee (2013), Vice Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee (2009), and served two terms on the House Fish, Wildlife, and Parks Committee. 

  I love the work, and I'd be honored to continue the work on your behalf.

Popular Posts