Busy!

In the past month or two since the election, I've been really busy. In the words of Calvin and Hobbes, the days are just packed!

I traveled to Dillon, Montana, with two of my compatriots and friends with whom I serve on the Greater Gallatin Watershed Council. It was a beautiful trip through southwest Montana, and great quality time with my pals. (I also contributed well to the economy of the Dillon area, at the Patagonia outlet store and Sparky's Diner, and at the second-hand store and the quilt shop in downtown Whitehall.) Nice!

Next, on to Chicago, to see the Monsters of the Midway, the Bears, play against the Vikings (Bears win!) While in the Windy City, visited the Field Museum, the Adler Planetarium, and saw two Further shows (former members of the Grateful Dead) at the pavilion. Got some early Christmas shopping done, too, on the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Avenue)!


Enjoyed Thanksgiving with good friends, and the next weekend, kept statistics for the Mighty Bobcats of Montana State University in their playoff game against the Bison of North Dakota State University (Bison won, Rats! but what a glorious season for my beloved Cats.)


I've been really busy with policy, too, drafting language for legislation and state agencies for Western states water policy. This past weekend, just before Christmas (and two weeks before most legislatures call to order), I presented to legislators from five northwestern states on water law and water policy, with suggestions for changes to water law to bring all of us into better compliance with one another. We all share our water resources; our laws mesh well, but could be better, and I presented information and draft legislation on the commonalities and differences on water law, along with recent court decisions in our states.

An hour after the end of the conference and my presentation on water policy, the Seahawks played the Falcons in a bird-v-bird football game. The Seahawks fought valiantly, but the Falcons were victorious. A little time on the Seattle waterfront, then home again.

I'll be serving in many ways, though not in the 62nd Montana Legislative Session. The days are just packed! Work well, everyone!

Popular Posts