Victory by 230 votes

Friends! I've won re-election by 230 votes!
I got the final word around 4:45 p.m. from a gal in the Elections Office who supplied these final (unofficial) numbers:

JP Pomnichowski 3445
Tom Burnett 3215

230 vote margin for JP (four and a half times the margin by which I won election the first campaign [47 votes])!

At 8:45 p.m., Tom Burnett called me. I said we'd both run honorable campaigns, and that it had been a harrowing a day waiting for election results. Tom said that near the end of the campaign, other parties had sent bad mailers. I agreed, and said that there was no reason for campaigns to descend to such a level. [I had weeks before told my party not to mail or call on my behalf.] I said that I was very conscious of being a representative and recognizing that I would convey everyone's viewpoint to the best of my ability.

I'm truly honored to continue in my service as representative for House District 63. Thank you, all, for your wonderful support. I'll continue my work and labor tirelessly on your behalf. I'm humbled and honored. Best to all of you, to all of us!

Popular Posts