Sweet Pea Festival poster entry

Bozeman hosts a celebration of the arts every first full weekend in August. It's the Sweet Pea Festival, and includes a parade and children's run, chalk on the walk (sidewalk drawings), the Bite of Bozeman (a foodfest on Main Street), a ball (this year with Jeni Fleming and a swing band), and three days of music, art, dance, culture, and theatre (including performances by MSU's own Shakespeare in the Parks).

There's a poster contest each year, and I've painted entries in the past. This year, I submitted a watercolor and pen-and-ink entry . My entry for this 2010 festival wasn't the winner, but I gave it the old college try.

Here's my entry. I hope you enjoy it, and come to Bozeman in August for the best small-town, rousing arts festival around. We love the Sweet Pea Festival!

Popular Posts